I Scream for Blue Pig Ice Cream

June 23, 2006

Crotonblog: Letters to the Editor, Croton-on-Hudson, New York 10520
The Blue Pig (map) has the best ice cream! My daughter loves it better than any other!

— Barbara Capalbo

On June 20, 2009 1:40 PM, potential customer said:

i was going to go there after reading about it in plumberry jam. after reading the above comments, i wouldn bother!

On May 16, 2009 1:50 PM, Marcie McMahon said:

Had to log on and say that despite the wonderful ice cream at the Blue Pig -I am not in a rush to go back. The owner clearly doesn’t enjoy children being in there -and is a little too frugal for my taste. I asked her for one order of gummy bears on the side to be in two cups for my kids. She handed me one 2 oz dixie cup with gummy bears, I said I need another cup -she said “I don’t have another cup —I only have a few” I answered -“you charge $3.00 for a tiny kids size ice cream and you can’t give me a second dixie cup?” she handed me an extra cup -very reluctantly. Something is missing in there -she isn’t at all friendly, warm or gracious -how do you have an ice cream store and not be friendly to the kids who are so excited when they get to come in for ice cream?

On May 13, 2009 2:45 PM, Anonymous said:

really. she’s rude to some customers while treats others like royalty.

talk about picking favorites. i’ll be an avid customer of the purple money once it opens.

On July 22, 2006 7:14 PM, waffels said:

The day she painted over Rob Sheppersons beautiful, dancing, ice cream eating pigs on the side of the building kind of set the tone for me. It is an ice cream store and the people who own it and operate it should be happy, smile and give all who enter a warm experience. This idea is lacking in the Blue Pig.

On July 22, 2006 5:50 PM, SSmith said:

i wouldn’t take it personally either, she is that way with all her customers. as someone who has patronized her over priced establishment for years now, i would say her personality is very consistent. she acts like it is a bother for her to be there and a bigger bother for her when you ask her for something. if i owned the blue pig and charged the prices she does for ice cream i’d be happier than a lark. her personality will fit right in down in brooklyn.

On July 20, 2006 6:11 PM, greengurl said:

BLUE PIG GOES GLOBAL!!! The owner has recently opened a Blue Pig here in Brooklyn Heights on Henry Street (I am moving to Croton next week). Clearly the owner has been very busy. I wouldn’t take it personally.

On June 27, 2006 5:19 PM, waffels said:

The Blue Pig is a great place for the village, I just wish the owner was a little nicer.