It was "Blue Water" who Rocked Fans at Senasqua Park

July 16, 2006

blue-water-band-senasqua-park-croton-on-hudson.jpg

Acoustic/Electric Classic Rockers “Blue Water” on Friday, July 14, 2006, at Senasqua Park in performance during the Village of Croton-on-Hudson’s “Summer Concert Series” (schedule) taken with a Canon Powershot SD500 7.1MP Digital Elph Camera with 3x Optical Zoom.

On July 24, 2006 2:57 PM, greengurl said:

Agreed…GOOD question?!?!

On July 24, 2006 2:08 PM, dors said:

That penguin knows how to rock :-)

BTW who choses the music for Senasqua? That’s who we need to contact for the lighter sounds!

On July 24, 2006 1:50 PM, greengurl said:

Ha ha, thanks for clarifying. Actually my husband agrees with you both about the staff being a bit nicer. Thanks for your neighborly support waffles and croton lifer - I feel like I have friends in town already :)

Judging by this blog, Croton will be a fabulous place to live. I am so happy to hear your responses about Croton Life. Dare I say, you folks are too modest! My husband and I are moving there cold - based on some research and the fact that we fell in love with a house in the area. We really love the topography and wild natural aesthetic. Dare I say - Croton is the California of the east coast! I just wish the downtown was a bit more bustling and I could find some good brooklyn style pizza (a la tatonno’s). I guess I have to go to yonkers for that!

PS - croton lifer - do you think that senasqua park would open up to very light ambient groovin dj music instead of that cheezy rock n’roll? (click the penguin http://www.theagriculture.com/radio.html)

On July 20, 2006 10:27 PM, Croton lifer said:

ummm……Croton lifers have more rights to their opinions than others? No way. Never even implied that. But I do agree with Waffels in that you, Green Gurl, will LOVE Croton. Congratulations on choosing Croton as your new home! Be sure to check out the Friday evening concerts at Senasqua! I think there are a couple left this summer….I had a lot of fun listening to Blue Water last week and catching up with some friends

Oh yeah, Leash Law? Walking around the village? Definitely. Walking on the trails? Maybe, especially during the peak times…..Swimming? Don’t think it would work….

On July 20, 2006 8:34 PM, waffels said:

greengulr…welome to the community…..it is a wonderful place to be much to some peoples opinion. I love it here. Opinions are a “right” as is a counter opinion, thanks for pointing that out. the Blue pig is a fantastic fixture in this community. I made no comment about the product just that the new owner was not very friendly and I don’t think I am alone with this idea. The store is very cute, I personally liked the ice cream better before and the original owners were much friendlier. That’s all I was saying. We’re blogging for goodness sake. I look forward to your response……again welcome and I hope you live long and happy here…..

On July 20, 2006 6:31 PM, greengurl said:

Waffles wants the owner of the Blue Pig to be “nicer” too - so don’t sweat it Croton Lifer. They serve some delicious ice cream and are a wonderful fixture in the community, as far as I can see. At the end of the day, it is all about community, and how that impacts everyone. I’d say your a bit crabby yourself Waffles. Oh and I am moving to Croton next week so I suppose I am not even half alive at this point. A fresh perspective is always a good thing!

On July 19, 2006 3:14 PM, waffels said:

PSS……Does “Croton Lifer” means you have a little more rights to your opinon than say a half lifer?……sounds like it to me……..

On July 19, 2006 3:09 PM, waffels said:

c’mon bud/ette……just putting a little idea out there. At the top of Mt. Airy you could hear the sounds of “Blue Water” for the duration. I don’t like it. I appreciate the idea of music at Senasqua for the village but to hear it across town I don’t like it. Plain and simple. No Crabs here I just don’t like average, cover-band music blared all across town. If I was waking my family member at Carters funeral home(right up the hill) I really wouldn’t appreciate it. Sorry for getting you all worked up…..PS……Not everyone likes dogs and Croton has a dog leash law……….JEEEEESH!!!!!

On July 19, 2006 9:49 AM, Croton lifer said:

You have GOT to be kidding me……..this village now has more crabs than the Hudson! In the past week I’ve been berated for picking WILD raspberrries along the side of a road with my son, and had the police called for taking my dog for a swim in the Croton River. Jeeeeesh!!!!! What is with everyone?!!!

On July 17, 2006 7:22 PM, waffels said:

It’s a wonderful thing to have music down at Senasqua. I’m told that many people take advantage of the beauty that is, hang-out and enjoy. I think that for those of us that may not be into the classic rock sound and want to relax on a nice Friday Evening the Rec. should face the band out to the Hudson and not toward the village. It is obnoxious hearing the “classics” blaring across my back yard almost a mile away. Again, I think the music is a wonderful addition to the village but let Haverstraw rock out to the Allman Bros. I’m partial to a mellower sound.