croton blog for croton-on-hudson new york


Croton Police Blotter - Week of January 15th

January 25, 2007

croton on hudson police blotter

January 15

10:45 AM: There was a report from a resident of Batten Road about a basement window that was recently broken at his home. The matter is under investigation.

January 16

6:50 PM: There was a report from a resident of Albany Post Road reported a fire in the backyard of a neighboring home. Patrol and Croton Fire Department responded to the scene and subsequently extinguished a BBQ grill that caught fire.

January 19

3:02 AM: There was a report from a resident of Prospect Place about their neighbor’s dog who was continually barking. Patrol responded to the scene and asked the dog owner to bring their pet inside.

7:26 AM: There was a report from a resident of Devon Avenue about a downed power line on top of a parked car on Young Avenue. Patrol responded to the scene and safeguarded the area until Con Edison arrived to fix the wire.

9:02 PM: There was a report from a resident of Grand Street about a dog continually barking on Beekman Avenue. Patrol responded to the scene and was unable to speak with the owner of the dog as they were not home. Later, police contacted the pet owners by phone advised them to not leave their dog outside barking.

January 20

1:02 PM: There was a report from a resident of Amber Drive about a gas leak in her home. Patrol, croton Fire Department responded to the scene and confirmed the leak and subsequently, Con Edison arrived to repair the leak.

2:19 PM: County Fire Control requested assistance from the Croton Fire Department about a downed and burning power line on Applebee Farm Road. Croton FD responded to the scene and safeguarded the area until Con Edison arrived to repair the line.

3:27 PM: There was a report from a resident of Old Post Road South that while his unlocked car was parked on the street in front of his house some items were stolen. The matter is under investigation.

10:12 PM: There was a report from a resident of Sunset Drive that smoke detectors in several homes in the area were simultaneously activated. Patrol and Croton Fire Department responded to the scene to investigate the call.

January 21

1:34 PM: There was a report of a brush fire in the park on Park Trail. Patrol and Croton Fire Department responded to the scene and extinguished the fire that they determined had been started as a result of someone dumping ashes.

8:19 PM: There was a report from a resident of Cleveland Drive about a gas odor in the area. Patrol and Croton Fire Department responded to the scene and determined that a nearby home had a gas leaking meter. A short time later, Con Edison arrived to fix the leak.



Search


Recent Articles