croton blog for croton-on-hudson new york


Croton Police Blotter - Week of December 10th

December 26, 2007

croton on hudson police blotter

December 15

7:35 AM: There was a report from an employee of Grouchy Gabe’s Grill on Old Post Road South that decorations outside of the store were recently damaged. The matter is under investigation.

December 16

1:35 AM: There was a report from a resident of Quaker Hill Drive about an odor of smoke in her home. Within five minutes of the call for help, the chief of the Croton Fire Department arrived on the scene to find that the woman had evacuated her home with three children and pulled their vehicle out of the garage and away from the house, where the flames were escaping out of a living room window. Within minutes, fire spread throughout the structure and caused the second floor to collapse on the first floor and the first floor to collapse to the basement. Croton firefighters, assisted by tanker trucks from Continental Village, Mostrose and Yorktown, arrived at the scene shortly thereafter, despite the hazardous sleet-covered road conditions. The fire, that may have originated in the basement of the home, was under control at 5:00 AM. No injuries were reported by officials at the scene, while the family sought refuge from their neighbors.

December 17

1:39 AM: There was a report from a resident of Pond Meadow Road that an ember from their fireplace became lodged underneath a floorboard. Patrol and Croton firefighters responded to the scene and subsequently removed the section of wooden flooring where the ember was thought to be located as assurance that it would not cause a fire.

5:20 PM: There was a report from an employee at Justin Thyme Cafe on Grand Street of a smoky haze in the restaurant. Patrol and Croton firefighters responded to the scene and discovered that flames were shooting out of an electrical box inside the building. Subsequently, firefighters extinguished the fire and assisted in helping to ventilate the premises.



Search


Recent Articles