Mayor Schmidt's Lazy Hazy Summer

March 6, 2009

* SPECIAL POST *

During the summer of 2008, Croton was broke down all-over-the-place. See also: “Schmidt’s Croton.”

No one was mindin’ the store. No one was mayoring or deputy-mayoring. So bad was it that Crotonblog created a category called On Our Own Watch.

And to those who lurk on the dark-side at the NCN Forum: that’s right, we took pictures.

So, here’s to mayor do-nothing and his trusty trustees: some posts from the archive.

Thanks for the memories.

PS. To meet the candiates responsible for Croton’s state of disrepair, please visit http://www.schmidtbrennankonig.com.

On March 7, 2009 7:53 AM, commonsense said:

Post subject: DESPERATION

It’s really beginning to grate on my nerves to see posts on Crotonblog claiming that….

’ CROTON IS BROKE DOWN ALL OVER THE PLACE ‘.

…that words like ‘BLIGHTED’ , ‘RUN-DOWN’ and ‘SHITTY’ are used to describe my hometown.

…that a few malcontents seem not to care if someone who might consider moving here, stumbles upon your temper tantrums, and decides otherwise.

I speak for many when I say I’m proud of our village, and if there’s anything to be embarrassed about, it’s behavior like this.

You insult every village resident & business owner with your idiocy.

It might also help if you went about the real world once in awhile. Instead of shrieking and whining from behind a desktop, go out and see what “BROKE DOWN ALL OVER THE PLACE” really looks like.

‘Cause it ain’t here, that’s for sure.

On March 7, 2009 8:47 AM, Anonymous said:

These pictures don’t lie, Richard.

On March 7, 2009 7:58 AM, marion said:

How sad that my own party is affiliated with this and that some officials and would-be officials just dont seem to know any better. Elise Sasso once said, they HATE Croton. Yes, they do.

On March 7, 2009 9:02 AM, Anonymous said:

Me, I just hate the Croton GOP, and its defacto leader and convicted local vandal, Maria Cudequest.

Thanks for posting this Kieran: A DISSECTION OF THE CUDEQUEST \ GOP MISINFORMATION MACHINE

On March 7, 2009 5:07 PM, Kevin Davis said:

GOP = General Opposition to Progress The Croton GOP dosen’t even own the domain for www.ProgressForCroton.com anymore.

On March 7, 2009 8:01 AM, firemanj said:

Honestly, I just don’t understand what taking a photo of a catchbasin after a rain storm is supposed to mean. The desperation to get their candidates in at all costs even if it hurts businesses that are already on the edge and the people who live here really leaves me speechless. It just makes me want to stop volunteering for anything but then I say that most people here just arent like this.

On March 8, 2009 11:03 AM, karenmcc55 said:

I’m with you FJ and commonsense and so are lots of other people. The turnout for the Democrats at Half Moon Bay was nothing short of pitiful the other night. People are getting it.

On March 8, 2009 11:06 AM, jennifer said:

Thank you again commonsense. BTW, all your postings are being placed on that other blog again as if you did it yourself. I guess that site is desperate for attention too that they would purloin other people’s postings. And yes, the HMBay get-together for the Democrats was a total bust. Not surprising that less than 4 people showed up. After all, Mr. Wiegman was part of the crew that tried to keep the garbage as their neighbors twice.

On March 8, 2009 11:27 AM, ironyfinder said:

jennifer,

let me get this straight. you and your fellow-posters over at the ncn forum are up-in-arms because your anonymous postings are being posted on crotonblog, right?

if that’s the case, you should know that anonymous writers can’t pursue copyright protections in court.

so i find it ironic that maria, on more than five occasions has scanned and posted letters [stolen] on the ncn forum from the pages of gary cahill’s gazette newspaper. so, why is it ok for her to steal letters from a newspaper that relies on selling copies to keep its circulation healthy? and what about the people who wrote them? does she get their permission? ironically enough, and through her actions, maria is negatively impacting the revenues of a long-standing croton business.

and worse, if maria and her buddies like you, agree with the letter writer, you laud it like the constitution. but if its against schmidt, you pile on like sweaty men at a wwe wrestling event.

and jennifer, being such a sloppy drunk out in public is an embarrassment to your husband and children.