Drum roll, please…
10) Schmidt increased the use of Executive Sessions (meetings closed to the public) by 400% as Mayor.
9) Schmidt did not take ONE SINGLE recommendation from a volunteer committee, NOT ONE!
8 ) Schmidt disbanded the Comprehensive Plan Committee leaving Croton Point Park zoned residential, jeopardizing our schools and leaving us at risk for skyrocketing school tax increases.
7) Schmidt OPPOSED funding for the walking bridge at Croton Landing, preferring to leave it a swamp instead of the beautiful trail it is today.
6) Recreation fees and train station parking fees SKYROCKETED under the Schmidt administration.
5) Schmidt invented “Sewer Rent” as another way to raise taxes and fees on residents.
4) Schmidt played shell games with the water and general fund to give the appearance to voters that he was controlling expenses.
3) Schmidt tried to add the controversial chemical Zinc Orthophosphate to our drinking water with NO public input in only two short weeks.
2) Schmidt raised taxes EVERY SINGLE YEAR he was in office.
1) Schmidt increased village spending by $1,000,000 EACH AND EVERY YEAR he was Mayor.